LANSING – A certified useful nurse operating at Medilodge of Gaylord has been billed with five counts of Intentionally Putting Wrong Information in a Health-related Report, a 5-year felony, Lawyer General Dana Nessel declared right now.
Jennifer Porter, 49, of Vanderbilt, was arraigned in 87A District Court docket in Otsego County now after an investigation by the Well being Treatment Fraud Division (HCFD) in the Department of Lawyer General.
The Attorney Typical alleges that all through Porter’s employment as a Accredited Realistic Nurse at Medilodge of Gaylord, a skilled nursing facility, she intentionally altered medication administration records to cover the point that specified doses of medication have been not accounted for.
“The overwhelming the greater part of people who offer prolonged-term treatment in Michigan do so with integrity and regard for their essential purpose,” said Nessel. “But when there is a really serious breach in the duty entrusted to them, there are penalties.”
In August of 2022, the facility contacted the Gaylord Police Division with regards to their observations and conclusions pertaining to Porter’s perform. The Department of Attorney Typical uncovered of this for the duration of a Sentinel Project pay a visit to to the facility. Nessel’s office environment followed up with the Gaylord Police Section and the situation was referred to the Lawyer Common for further investigation.
The Sentinel Venture is an initiative designed by the Lawyer General’s Wellbeing Care Fraud Division to look into complaints of resident neglect and abuse in nursing households. The project’s approach involves sending Lawyer General investigators and other educated staff members to a facility where suspected abuse or neglect might have transpired to interview witnesses, get pertinent proof, and converse with residents about doable abuse or neglect.
“I would like to thank the Gaylord Law enforcement Section and Medilodge of Gaylord for their support with this situation,” additional Nessel.
Porter was arraigned on January 25th just before the Honorable Michael Cooper and was launched on a $5,000 individual recognizance bond. She is upcoming because of in courtroom for a Probable Trigger Meeting on February 1st at 9:00 a.m.”
The HCFD handled this circumstance for the Section. The HCFD is the federally licensed Medicaid Fraud Control Unit for Michigan. It gets 75% of its funding from the U.S. Section of Well being and Human Products and services underneath a grant award totaling $5,196,188 for the fiscal year 2023. The remaining 25% percent, totaling $1,732,061, is funded by the State of Michigan.
Remember to notice: A criminal charge is simply an allegation, and the defendant is presumed harmless until and until finally demonstrated responsible. The Division does not offer scheduling images.
Iowa Poll on $2M major medical malpractice cap: More favor than oppose
Health Care Proxies – 5 Biggest Mistakes
‘There’s really a long, long way to go in that facility’: lawyer, inmates’ families discuss San Diego County jail conditions